St. Catherine’s (Capilano) Anglican Church
July 20th, 2014
Sunday July 20th there will be a short gathering after the 10am service, to start thinking about this years’ Thanksgiving Dinner on October 11th.
Please come and get involved.
Vivian and Christine
Cookies for the Homeless: Please drop off any donations by noon on Tuesday July 22nd in the kitchen. Thanks!
Contemplative Eucharist in the Chapel on Wednesday July 23rd at 10am
Please Note: The Parish Administrator will be away from her desk this week (July 21st – 25th)
We will be checking emails & phone messages regularly,
but please keep the hard questions till Aurora gets back!
If anyone would like to volunteer in taking a small piece of church furnishings and sanding it and refinishing it, please contact John Luccock.
Deanery Outreach – Please remember the deodorant for the North Shore Youth Shelter.
Healing Pathways -This is a ministry of prayer and healing. Do you feel anxious or worried about things? Are you suffering physically? Do you need a time of prayer and healing? Come & be soaked in prayer. This session will take place on the second and third Sunday after the service. Phone Tony Dodd for details at #604 985 7057
Food Bank – Non-perishable items such as coffee, canned fruit/veggies, Kleenex, dry soups, etc. are much appreciated. Please drop off donations in the box in the church lobby.
DIOCESAN COUNCIL HIGHLIGHTS
June 10, 2014
- First meeting of the “new and improved” Council, with 25 members (rather than previous 50+)
- Presented with an Overview of the New Canonical Regulations – membership, meeting procedures, email polling, committees (Mission and Ministry Development and Management, Finance and Property)
- Council will now meet 4-5 times a year, face-to-face, with a Steering Committee reviewing and prioritising all matters and determining how best they be handled.
- Council affirmed proposal to appoint a full-time Children and Youth Ministry Coordinator for 2014 and 2015, with the Bishop to extend the appointment upon receipt of suitable funding commitments
- Approved loan to St. Helen, Surrey and allowed St. Anselm’s to draw on CTF funds
- Approval of capital funding and grant for extension of Ministry support to St. Matthew’s, Abbotsford
- Approved Camp Artaban Society making 1 more payment (no less than $196,316) to Diocese and then, assuming compliance, Diocese agreed to forgive the balance of the Artaban debt.
Ian Thomas, Capilano Archdeaconry Lay Rep