The Anglican Diocese of New Westminster’s Synod passed a motion responding to the Climate Crisis in May of 2021. Since May our province has been devastated by wildfires which have taken lives, burnt homes, destroyed the community of Lytton as well as the animals and livelihoods of many people.
Starting September 5th, 2021 we enter the Season of Creation, along with Christians around the world. We are invited to give particular attention to praying and caring for God’s creation as part of the global Season of Creation, observed from September 1 to October 4 every year. General Synod 2019 passed a resolution adopting the Season of Creation in the Anglican Church of Canada as a time of prayer, education, and action and encouraging dioceses and parishes to participate.
What you can expect:
- September 5th, 2021 (Labour Day Weekend): Our last 'mixed' liturgy
- September 12th, 2021: Book of Alternative Services Liturgy
- September 19th, 2021: Fresh Expression Liturgy
- September 26th, 2021: Book of Alternative Services Liturgy
- October 3rd, 2021: Feast of St Francis - Outdoor Animal Blessing (Fresh Expression Liturgy)
For your own devotion, you may like to look at this Season of Creation E-book, written by Kerry Baisley, Diocese Missioner of Indigenous Justice.