Christian education is a key building block for lifelong faith. St. Catherine’s recognises the importance of raising our children with knowledge and experience of the stories and traditions of Christianity. We are committed to providing a meaningful, relevant and inspiring Sunday morning education program to our children.
Goals & Objectives:
- To provide an effective Sunday School program, ensuring that the educational needs of children are met.
- To work with youth volunteers such that they are mentored into co-teaching roles by providing support, encouragement and materials.
- To oversee the implementation of the Sunday School curriculum.
- To encourage and facilitate the care and involvement of children and teens in Parish worship.
- Builds rapport with children of all ages
- Organised and friendly
- Enjoys being with kids and has fun
- Familiar with the language and stories of the Christian Faith
- Submission of a current Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check obtained within the last 12 months.
- Attendance at a Diocese of New Westminster approved Safe Church Workshop.
5 Hours a week at $25 per hour – includes preparation, meeting with teen co-teachers as needed, set up time and 90 minutes during the Sunday service (10-11:30am).
The full position description can be downloaded in the link below.
To apply please email your resume along with a cover letter to [email protected] We thank everyone for their interest but we will only contact those that we feel may be appropriate for the position.