We are hiring a new part-time adminstrative assistant, so please have a look at this job description or forward it to a friend!
St. Catherine's Anglican Church is looking for an energetic, organized assistant to keep its office in order! We're envisioning a Mary Poppins crossed with a Mother Teresa (we realize that's asking a lot, but we've been told to "ask, and ye shall receive"!) This is a multi-faceted job, so a Jack or Jill of many talents would be highly valued.
* Providing office management, committee support and secretarial services.
* Scheduling and facilitating the efficient use and upkeep of the church's facilities.
* Giving support to the public and members of the parish, supervising reception volunteers, and co-ordinating communications among parish members and groups.
* Familiarity with PC and MS Word, Excel, databases, basic desktop publishing and email.
* Good communication skills.
* Flexibility and good humour.
* Knowledge of Anglican Church and church procedures, and relevant experience, would be a considerable asset.
* Book keeping skills an asset.
The position is currently 20 hours per week, spread over four, or preferably five mornings from Monday through Friday. We offer a pleasant work environment and lots of variety! Remuneration to be determined on appointment. We'd like the right person to start as soon as possible, so please contact us with your resume and letter of application, addressed to The Rev. Christine Rowe at [email protected], by August 29th, 2014.